Friday, July 17, 2009

Walmart Has No Policy Prohibiting Bare Feet in Stores

I just received notice from a manager at my local Walmart that the company has no policy prohibiting bare feet in their stores nationwide. They also have no signage indicating that bare feet are prohibited.

After entering the same Walmart store last weekend and being asked by an employee to put on "shoes," I contacted Walmart corporate headquarters earlier this week via the company Web site. The message requested clarification of the company's official policy concerning their customers going barefoot in stores nationwide.

This morning I received a call from Sharon, a manager at the Blue Springs, Missouri, Walmart. She informed me that management was "unable to find" a policy prohibiting bare feet in hers or any other store.

This information is shared for the sole purpose of assisting "Barefoot and Grounded" readers in making their own decisions about where to take their business. The author makes no claim to the quality of products or services of Walmart and neither encourages nor discourages the reader to shop at this establishment. For more information about Walmart's policies, the author recommends the reader contact their local store or corporate headquarters.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised - most corporations don't have such policies. Unfortunately, they don't educate their employees on such issues either and they empower the wrong people to make decisions on behalf of the company/store. Good work though! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the founder of the Barefoot Everywher World Association. I have been harrassed at many Walmarts and asked to leave. I have also contacted Walmart's corporate office several times and recieved no answer for my request on barefoot poicy. Thank you for posting this page J.G..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, do you have a copy of that letter from walmart? The people at my walmart insist there's signage on the door (there isn't) and it's a corporate policy. It's a stalemate here. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related from LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails