Friday, September 4, 2009

Essay: What I Did (Barefoot) This Summer

Dear Class:

Now that Labor Day weekend is here and school is back in session, we've been assigned an essay to say what we did barefoot this summer. Well, this summer I did all kinds of stuff barefoot. In this essay I plan to inform you of those things. Here I go:

I went totally barefoot to lots of places. Some of those places were stores. Those stores were Kohl's, Old Navy, Sears, Wal-mart, Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, Best Buy, Babies 'R' Us, Costco, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Fazoli's and Children's Orchard. It was cool. Their floors are all usually smooth and cool (but some have carpet) and pretty much nobody thought it was weird for me to not wear shoes. By the way, Children's Orchard isn't an orchard of children. They sell children's stuff. I didn't want you to be weirded out or anything.

I did other stuff barefoot, too. Really fun stuff! Over Memorial Day weekend I was barefoot for 86 hours straight! During that time I attended "Celebration at the Station," an outdoor concert that lots of people came to. Not once did I ever wear shoes. I did the same thing at a Kansas City Royals game. From the van into the stadium, all the way through the game and all the way out to the van I never wore any footwear. That was REALLY cool! I also went barefoot to various family events and picnics. I started a blog about going barefoot and lots of people have liked it.

My favorite part of my barefoot summer was meeting so many great people on Twitter. It turns out that there are lots of other people out there that like to bare their feet, too! One day it would be neat if we could all "tweet" up with each other. He he.

So that was what I did barefoot this summer. The End.

(We now return you to our regular level of blogging maturity.)

1 comment:

  1. Except for a few punctuation and sentence structure errors, I thought this was an excellent essay. You get an A. If I could, you'd receive a sticker also.

    ReplyDelete

Related from LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails